CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This is what the girls and I have been doing every evening this week. The church across the street from us has been having Vacation Bible School. This years theme is Boomerang Express and everytime that is said the children are supposed to yell "It all comes back to Jesus"!! They are learning 4 songs and dance moves that go along with them, so today I searched youtube for them and sure enough I found them...Now my daughters are addicted to watching them and learning the words and the movements. If I can figure it out I will post them on here. They are nice songs to listen too. There bible verse has been "God loved us so he gave his only son Jesus". We are learning the story of Peter and how he came to know Jesus and last night the children learned that Peter denied Jesus 3 times before the rooster crowed. I am anxious to find out what the skit will be about tonight. Makenzie just loves to see Jesus and learn about him. She always asks her teacher if he is coming back so she can see him after every skit each night. I am with the Pre-K class and we learned last night about being a Christian. He tried to explain it in words that children that young could explain. And I thought that he got his point across. He said that Dogs dont meow and cats dont bark and dogs dont fly. He told them that there are things that Christians do not do also and explained that lying and being mean and hitting where things that Christians do not do, just like dogs and cats dont do what each other do. That really caught their attention too. They had a snowcone for their snack and made a rain stick out of paper towel roll and stickers about Jesus and God. We then went to bible study and learned more about Peter and Jesus, and learned about Missionaries and how they spread the word of Jesus.

I will try to update on what we do this evening....

1 comments:

Holly said...

VBS is so much fun for kids. We had ours last week and my stepdaughter really enjoyed it. My husband even helped with recreation!